Friday 1 January 2010

about the beginning of an era

Wake up, head banging, bright lights and my phone is screaming at me with text messages. It's 10.45am and my mother wants to know where I am and when I'll be home. Hands reach over and start tracing my body. It's only right that the boy would wake up with a hard on and mojo that won't quit. Obviously not so great for me as it's early and the drinks from the following night hadn't quite settled. My moves to push wandering hands away becomes a game of scruff in which I'm playfully bitten and nibbled, which in turn is a turn on...

The next few details are unimportant to this entry, although I’m sad to announce that the squeaking of the downstairs door was enough to quickly put an end to our games. It was by now 11.55am and the hostess was up. We could hear the pacing of Danni and Paddy as they went downstairs, an indication that we too should arise from bed. It was Danni’s house that we were staying and as it was a last minute sleep over it would not have been polite to stay in bed all day.
My mother text again alerted that me that my father was to pick us up at 1pm on a bridge near the house so Gavin and I set off, thanking Danni for the bed and the drinks before we went.
At home, a beautiful tomato soup was served along with a roast dinner, which we were unable to finish. New years dinners are always cooked so beautifully by my mother but when your stomach is sloshing with vodka, it gives you a sickly feeling. After watching the first DVD of Fawtly towers, aiding the awkward silence between parent and fiancĂ©e, we retired to my room. Fear not fair reader for no misgivings happened in my bed, simply sleep took over the pair of us and we lay in one another’s arms, how terribly romantic.
At 5pm we returned to his house only for me to sit there with his parents and make polite conversation about the New Year and plans for the future. His sister returned with a kettle and toaster from her place of work which sparked the debate on whether we needed these appliances for our non-existent flat.
A sudden snowfall has meant that I’m now blogging at his house and staying the night. I am very pleased with this outcome, dear reader, as it is one of the last days I will get to spend in his arms until maybe Easter. It is difficult to maintain a relationship when you never see the other half.
So commences my first blog of 2010, the start of the tweenies and the beginning of my life as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment